Subject: Mounting large photographs

Mounting large photographs

From: Kathy Nanowin <knanowin>
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2002
Ginny Rosner <grosner [at] indianahistory__org> writes

>Sintra has been recommended by the lab as the substrate to mount the
>photograph, but I cannot find any information on the properties of
>this material. ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't normally recommend PVC products
for long-term use with artifacts. I know our designer likes Sintra,
but we won't use it in long-term exhibits, only short-term (up to 6
months) ones. Do any conservation scientists out there have more
information on this?

Kathy Nanowin
Assistant Conservator
Manitoba Museum