Subject: Marking ceramics

Marking ceramics

From: Georgia Fox <gfox>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2002
Over the years, in writing accession and artifact numbers on
ceramics and other objects, I have tried using Acryloid B-72 in
acetone both from my own lab and even the commercially prepared
variety, but when applying the B-72 over the India ink numbers, the
ink still smears.  Has anyone found a good formula that keeps the
ink from smearing?  Is methanol a better base for the B-72  Any
recommendations?  Many thanks in advance.

Georgia Fox
Department of Anthropology
California State University, Chico

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 24, 2002