Subject: Cotton gloves

Cotton gloves

From: Wilma Bouwmeester <wbouwmeester>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2002
Paul Green <p.r.green [at] leeds__ac__uk> writes

>A colleague of mine recently visited the States and was given some
>lint-free cotton gloves with finger grips to handle manuscript
>material. He found these much better than ordinary lint-free cotton
>gloves or latex rubber gloves. However, we have not been able to
>source these in the UK. Can anyone give us the name and address of a
>supplier in the States or a UK distributor?

Cotton Gloves with finger grips can be obtained from

    Preservation Equipment, Ltd.
    Vinces Road
    Diss Norfolk IP22 4HQ
    +44 1379 647 400

They're called PEL Finger Grip Gloves. Also available are cotton
gloves of which the palm and fingers are covered in little nodules,
for extra grip (Sure Grip Inspection Gloves).

Wilma Bouwmeester
Senior conservator
The National Trust for Scotland

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 24, 2002