Subject: Mounting large photographs

Mounting large photographs

From: Teresa Fernandez de Bobadilla <tfbobadilla>
Date: Friday, July 19, 2002
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

The "conservation" framer that I work with does mount large object
on aluminium as requested by artists. Most of the work she does with
large photos is heat set with a supposedly conservation adhesive
(which of course is irreversible).

Therefore I am also very interested in knowing how to mount photos.
Artist's like them flat, and many like to mount them floating, that
is, with no window mount.

As far as I am concerned, I would mount them with starch paste, but
probably in large formats is more difficult to hold them "flat". I
welcome any ideas so I can also advise my framer.

                   Distributed: Friday, July 19, 2002