Subject: Display cases

Display cases

From: Sushila Selness <selness>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2002
This fall the University of San Diego Legal Research Center will
celebrate the addition of its 500,000th volume to the collection.  A
special event, "Celebrating Books," is planned with an exhibition of
books selected by VIP's and other members of the community as having
an impact on their lives.  We would like to rent lockable exhibit
cases to display the books and the text of the response from people.
We have not found any place locally from where we can rent.  I am
now turning to the listserv for advice.   Has anyone tried to rent
cases before? If so, where do you start? Are there alternate
options?

If we can not find cases to display books lying flat we may have to
resort to book cases or trophy display cases with glass doors. Those
too are difficult to find from rental companies.  Thanks in advance
for any advice you can give,

Sushila Selness
Head of Collection Services
Legal Research Center