Subject: Eucalyptus oil

Eucalyptus oil

From: Peter N. Krantz <bkfndrs>
Date: Wednesday, July 10, 2002
In conservation and archival use, does eucalyptus oil demonstrate
any undesirable properties?

Is there any damage to paper when this oil is used as a solvent to
remove sticky tape?  Our experience in the short term is that the
oil evaporates, leaving no apparent trace, but we are concerned
about any residues which may have long term effects.

Peter Krantz
Book Restorations
Sydney
Australia