Subject: Converting Vacudyne fumigation chambers

Converting Vacudyne fumigation chambers

From: Ercole Gialdi <rgi.ge>
Date: Thursday, July 11, 2002
Gisela Noack <gisela.noack [at] yale__edu> writes

>Does anyone have experience converting a vacudyne ethylene oxide
>chamber for killing insects into an anoxic chamber, using nitrogen
>or carbon dioxide? Does anyone have a system that allows you to use
>either carbon dioxide or nitrogen? We would appreciate hearing about
>your chambers.

RGI converted in 2000 the ethylene oxide chamber at the Istituto
Centrale per la Patologia del Libro of Rome (the Italian laboratory
dealing with books conservation). The chamber was equipped with
VELOXY (see <URL:http://web.tiscali.it/RGI_Genova/VELOXY.htm>) that
was modified for this purpose. I can send, if you like it, more
details.

Ercole Gialdi
R.G.I. Resource Group Integrator s.r.l.
Viale N. Sauro 8