Subject: Publication on 20th century document copying methods

Publication on 20th century document copying methods

From: Ian Batterham <ianb>
Date: Friday, June 28, 2002
My response to Joselle Merritt-Dennis's query goaded me into action
regarding a project close to my heart. I am looking at the
possibility of preparing a publication on 20th Century document
copying. I have already gleaned a considerable body of information
both for my Masters Thesis

    Office Copying 1950-1970, Thermographic Processes, Their
    Deterioration and Preservation. University of Canberra, 2001

and a workshop I gave at the AICCM Symposium 2002:

    20th century copying processes for documents and architectural
    drawings--identification, deterioration and preservation

I would appreciate any response from DistList readers to whether
such a book would be a good idea and also any offers of information,
leads, examples etc. I am particularly short on information and
examples relating to some of the more unusual processes eg
Hectograph, Verifax, Physical Revelation papers, the Eichner
process, the Ektafax process, the Adherography Process and the
Imagic Process.

Ian Batterham
Assistant Director, Preservation
National Archives of Australia