Subject: Fire suppression systems

Fire suppression systems

From: Will Jeffers <wjeffers>
Date: Friday, June 28, 2002
Margaret Holben Ellis <mhellis [at] morganlibrary__org> writes

>I'm having difficulty in obtaining comparative risk rates for fire
>suppression systems.  Setting aside the extent and kind of damage
>caused by various systems, which one(s) have the the highest risk of
>discharging accidentally, assuming regular maintenance.

If you haven't already contacted the National Fire Protection
Association (NFPA), I'd recommend giving them a call 617-770-3000),
or checking out <URL:http://www.nfpa.org>).  They me be able to
provide you with the statistics you are looking for.

Will Jeffers
Collections Care Scientific Research Assistant
Department of Scientific Research
Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston MA 02115