Subject: Position at National Gallery of Ireland

Position at National Gallery of Ireland

From: Ele von Monschaw <vonmonschaw>
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2002
Frame conservator
The National Gallery of Ireland

The National Gallery of Ireland invites applicants for the Post of
Frame conservator. The successful candidate for the position will be
responsible for the care and conservation of our outstanding
collection of historical frames. Assessing condition, treatment,
record keeping and the advice on storage will be core
responsibilities. The chosen candidate may also be consulted on
matters of style, period, authenticity and suitability of frames,
both in relations to our existing collections and its future
development.

Essential requirements for the post are:

    *   A Qualification in gilding, including the conservation of
        gilded surfaces
    *   Basic carving and woodworking
    *   Minimum three years experience/apprenticeship
    *   Preference will be given to a candidate with a good
        knowledge of Art History and Decorative Arts

Letters of application and CV (including referees) to be submitted
by Friday July 19, 2002 to:

    The Personnel Officer
    The National Gallery of Ireland
    Merrion Square West
    Dublin 2, Ireland

The National Gallery is an equal opportunities employer.

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 27, 2002