Subject: Storing oversize materials

Storing oversize materials

From: Lisa Foucault <lisa.foucault>
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2002
The Archives of Ontario is currently in the process of planning a
large inventory project in preparation for a move to new facilities.
As part of this process, we need to develop standard storage options
for oversized volumes (anything larger than a cubic foot box) and
rolled architectural plans. Records will be re-housed according to
these updated standards and relocated to the new off-site facility.
Ideally the standard solutions would be readily available in large
quantities and be basic (and affordable) enough for government
ministries to implement when preparing future transfers. I'd like to
get a sense of how this issue is addressed in similar institutions
and appreciate any information you can provide.

Lisa Foucault
Senior Conservator
Archives of Ontario
77 Grenville Street, Unit 300