Subject: Spraying Wei T'o solution

Spraying Wei T'o solution

From: Lisa Fox <foxl>
Date: Friday, June 14, 2002
I am posting this on behalf of a colleague who does not have access
to the DistList.

    I am looking for ideas on methods of spraying Wei T'o solution.
    First I tried the aerosol cans from the manufacturer. They clog
    too often and result in a lot of waste. Next I tried buying the
    solution in quart bottles and applying it with a Crown SpraTool.
    This is a can of propellant that is attached to a spray head and
    an 8oz. plastic cup to hold the solution. It was better (and
    cheaper) than the aerosol, but far from perfect. There are still
    some clogs, and the spray becomes uneven as the propellant is
    used up or the can becomes chilled. Has anyone successfully
    tried a paint sprayer or airbrush and compressor?

Lisa L. Fox, Senior Conservator
Local Records Preservation Program
Missouri State Archives
PO Box 1747