Subject: Cleaning terrazzo floors

Cleaning terrazzo floors

From: Lorraine Schnabel <rainyroon>
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2002
Annika Bachem <abachem [at] gmx__de> writes

>Renita Ryan <ryan.renita [at] saugov__sa__gov__au> writes
>
>>I have been researching possible products for the sealing and
>>regular cleaning of a Portland cement terrazzo floor. ...
>
>... After the cleaning we treat the
>terrazzo with a mixture of turpentine and linseed oil. ...

The use of linseed oil for this purpose is not desirable. It will
penetrate and likely irreversibly stain the floor. The best advice I
have obtained on the treatment of terrazzo has been from the
National (US) Terrazzo and Mosaic Tile Association
<URL:http://www.ntma.com>, which has PDF files on care and
maintenance. They also offer technical assistance, which I have used
with good success on several occasions.

Lorraine Schnabel

                   Distributed: Friday, June 14, 2002