Subject: Position at Shepherds Bookbinders

Position at Shepherds Bookbinders

From: David Lanning <david>
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2002
Head of Conservation
Shepherds Bookbinders
Sangorski and Sutcliffe and Zaehnsdorf
UKP27,000 p.a. negotiable

Applications are invited for the post of Head of Conservation. The
work of the conservation studio focuses on paper and archive
conservation and book restoration. In conjunction with the Fine
Bindery in Southwark, Shepherds is able to offer a unique service in
the total care of books and paper. Our client list includes major
museums, libraries and private collectors throughout the world.

Based at our Rochester Row Site, the successful candidate will be a
member of our senior management team and will be directly
responsible for a department of four conservators. The postholder
will report to the Managing Director.

The postholder will have responsibility for: Running our busy
conservation department at Rochester Row Overseeing conservation
best practice throughout the company Taking senior responsibility
for the running of the Rochester Row site Taking part in key
strategic decision making for the Conservation department Management
of the conservation department involves: Preparation of surveys,
reports and estimates and client liaison Supervision of our team of
conservators within the department and of conservation work carried
out at the Fine Bindery Maintaining Health and Safety standards
Overseeing departmental administration Contributing to marketing
proposals and budget writing Maintaining a hands-on role within the
department

We are looking for a qualified practising paper conservator with
specific experience in the restoration of books and archives. At
least 5 years experience at management level and proven leadership
skills are essential. A commercial background would be an advantage.

Application by CV and covering letter to:

    Linda Watts
    Shepherds Bookbinders
    Units 107-108
    30 Great Guildford Street
    London, SE1 0HS

Closing date for applications is 5th July 2002.

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 6, 2002