Subject: Earthquake preparedness

Earthquake preparedness

From: Avgi E. Tzakou <tzakou>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2002
I am designing the Storage Areas of the Byzantine Museum of
Athens,Greece.  We are trying, as much as possible, to get acquainted
with the latest technological applications in every field concerning
the various sections of our collections.

I would be grateful to know from members of the DistList what their
experiences have been about methods for hanging icons, frescos of
significant dimensions and weight, and methods to stabilize
artifacts in earthquake sensitive areas such as Athens.  I would
like to know whether there are suppliers with metal brackets to whom
I could address myself in order to get some samples of what is
available.

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 6, 2002