Subject: Charles S. Stobie

Charles S. Stobie

From: Dennis A. Baltuskonis <dbaltusk>
Date: Friday, May 31, 2002
I would like information on the painting techniques of Charles S.
Stobie; American  (1845-1931).  I have received a painting of his
for treatment.  However, some of the 'passages' in the work appear
curious and could be interpreted as 'intentional' or a poor attempt
at cleaning done sometime in the past.

Although I am leaning towards the latter, I would appreciate the
opportunity to discuss this work with another conservator who has
treated some of Mr Stobie's works.  II will email digital images
should anyone reply.

Dennis Baltuskonis
Conservator in private practice
131 Storeywood