Subject: Governance

Governance

From: Edward Tse <tse_edward>
Date: Sunday, June 2, 2002
I am a conservator working in Central Conservation Section of Hong
Kong.  As a centralized service, we are providing conservation
services for all the public museums as well as government
departments of Hong Kong.

Recently, our government launched a review on the mode of governance
for museum service that affects not only all public museums which
are at moment under the Government's funding as well as governance,
but also our Central Conservation Section which so happened is under
the same government department as all the public museums.

I am asking whether there is any conservation service-providing
institution or entity in the world that is still under their own
government's funding and governance.  I am seeking reference from
other institutions of the world so as to help in our argument for
supporting our claims as to remain in the government's governance
instead of corporatization.

Although my stand point as stated above is quite clear, I still
welcome information on all other mode of governance as reference,
perhaps, that may help our government's review to reflect the true
picture as what is happening in the world as a trend.  Thank you in
advance for assistance.

Edward Tse
Conservator

                   Distributed: Tuesday, June 4, 2002