Subject: Chromolithographic poster

Chromolithographic poster

From: Robert Ellis Wynne-Jones <robewj>
Date: Friday, May 24, 2002
I am interested in anyone who has worked on a chromolithographic
poster which has been adhered to a wooden backing and the treatments
they employed in the cleaning and removal of the poster from the
wooden support. The poster we have is a Mercedes poster (size 1.5 x
1 meter)from the 1910's and it is very rare, but sadly has seen
better days. At the moment we are assessing the best way to approach
the treatments, the paper is very fragile and needs to be cleaned
and removed and lined onto a Japanese paper support.

If anyone has had experience in carrying out treatments on such an
object or knows of anyone who deals in such period posters I would
be most grateful in hearing from them.

Robert Wynne-Jones

                   Distributed: Friday, May 24, 2002