Subject: Arsenic

Arsenic

From: Sheilah MacKinnon <sheilahmac>
Date: Thursday, May 23, 2002
John Gavin <johnnywyoming [at] hotmail__com> writes

>The museum has been offered a rare Wyoming Mountain sheep mount. How
>or where can I get a kit (or other tool) to check for arsenic. If
>arsenic is present can it be removed?

Just thought you might be interested to know that there is a
Conserve O Gram, Number 2/3, from July 1993 entitled  "Arsenic
Health And Safety Update". It has information on the health related
effects, handling, storage, and use precautions,and procedures for
identification of arsenic.

Conserve O Gram can be found at

    <URL:http://www.cr.nps.gov/museum/
        publications/conserveogram/cons_toc.html>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

Sheilah Mackinnon

                   Distributed: Friday, May 24, 2002