Subject: PARS Discussion Group

PARS Discussion Group

From: Thomas H. Teper <tteper>
Date: Friday, May 17, 2002
PARS Discussion Group meeting at ALA Annual
Hilton Atlanta - Washington Room
Sunday, June 16
4:30-6

Topics:

    A.  Rare Book Security for the Preservation Administrator

        Jennifer Banks of MIT will discuss the technology of
        microstamping. The discussion will focus on the
        implementation and use of such technology in a rare book
        collection where other marking techniques are not always
        appropriate. A general discussion will begin the session
        with plenty of time for questions and comments.

    B.  ALA Graphics and Preservation

        Jeanne Drewes and Julie Page will lead a discussion about
        ALA Graphics and the possibilities of preservation posters
        once again being produced by the organization. They will be
        meeting with Charles Wilt of ALCTS immediately following the
        meeting, so our comments, concerns, and ideas will be
        welcome as we look at increasing our presence within the
        larger organization.

Thomas H. Teper
Head of Preservation
University Library