Subject: Bora-Care

Bora-Care

From: Thomas A. Parker <bugman22>
Date: Friday, May 17, 2002
Frank Briscoe <fbriscoe [at] wsbellows__com> writes

>... I would be grateful to know from
>members of the list what their experiences have been in matching
>finishes on wood materials treated with Bora-Care, and if they have
>achieved lasting installations using Bora-Care on cypress material
>other than the first-growth specified for this project.

I first would suggest that Mr. Briscoe go to the manufacturer for
assistance.  The manufacturer is

    Nisus Corporation
    215 Dunavant Drive
    Rockford TN 37853
    800-264-0870
    Fax: 423-577-5825
    nisus [at] nksuscorp__com

Bora-Care is a water-soluble formulation in a glycol type base.  I
doubt if it would mix properly with the oil-based materials, which
are planned for use on the cypress.  In addition, being water-based,
there may be problems with leaching from weathering on an exterior
surface.

Thomas A. Parker, PhD
President, Entomologist
Pest Control Services, Inc.