Subject: Verdigris on manuscript

Verdigris on manuscript

From: Alessandro Sidoti <alessandrosidoti>
Date: Monday, May 13, 2002
We have to treat an Arabic manuscript on paper that suffers from
heavy damage due to the use of verdigris. We do not want to do any
water based treatment. Unluckily, I can not find anything in the
literature on ways to treat such a problem. Copper damage seem very
little studied... We cannot avoid treatment as the manuscript is
very damaged, but I would like to receive advice also on repair of
arabic paper.

Alessandro Sidoti
Book conservator
National Library of Florence