Subject: Displaying mosaics

Displaying mosaics

From: Duygu Cleere <duygucleere>
Date: Monday, May 13, 2002
I am studying for an MA in Principles of Conservation at the
Institute of Archaeology, UCL, London. As a part of my course I am
preparing a dissertation on the effect of display on the
interpretation of mosaics, particularly in museums.

I do not intend to focus on any particular museum or mosaic. Rather,
I want to present different examples from different museums or
different countries, showing how the problem of display has been
achieved without the original context being lost. Does anyone have
any useful examples--good or bad?

Duygu Cleere

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 16, 2002