Subject: Shrunken head--addendum

Shrunken head--addendum

From: Katerina Koukouli <kkoukouli>
Date: Monday, May 13, 2002
In Conservation DistList Instance: 15:69 Tuesday, April 9, 2002, I
wrote:

>Has anyone ever done any analytical work on residues found on
>shrunken heads? If so, or if you can think of any literary reference
>to anything similar, please get in touch.
>
>We are currently trying to identify possible ways of dealing with a
>thick, yellowish and tacky liquid on one of our shrunken heads, that
>seems to be exuding from the head itself. Ideally, we would like to
>find out whether this is a by-product of the preparation of the head
>itself, or a result of a past treatment, for which we have no record
>unfortunately.

Due to a technical fault, I have been unable to contact those who
responded for more information, and have now lost all their details.
I would be grateful if those who responded to it the first time to
do so again. Thank you,

Katerina Koukouli
Conservation Department
Pitt Rivers Museum