Subject: Boxmaking

Boxmaking

From: John Boral <b2bdirect>
Date: Saturday, May 11, 2002
Deborah Evetts <bookconservation [at] morganlibrary__org> writes

>The Morgan Library will be moving its entire collection off site
>during a major construction project. We are looking for boxes for
>rare books. The KaseMake system is a possibility, but its
>availability is limited in this country. We welcome suggestions for
>boxes that have proven durable through moving and storage.

There are many standard options already available to you from
archival supply vendors. The Metal Edge Company has developed a line
of boxes and totes specifically for moving books to offsite storage
facilities. In their new catalog you will find a book tote/shelf
storage box used by major universities to move and store books at
offsite facilities, acid-free, heavy duty corrugated cartons
designed for the shipping and storage of book and paper collections,
one-piece adjustable corrugated book storage boxes which can quickly
create a "sized-to-fit" box as well as a line of individual book
boxes. They also have a helpful hint on "preparing for Remote
Storage". I will Fax: you some further information.

John Boral
B2B Direct

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 16, 2002