Subject: CCI Notes

CCI Notes

From: Christine Bradley <christine_bradley>
Date: Friday, April 26, 2002
We are pleased to add the following titles to the CCI Notes series.

    Care of Collections--General Guidelines

        N1/1 Precautions for Storage (Revised)
        N1/7 Mercury in Museum Collections

    Archaeological and Field Conservation
        N4/1 Identifying Archaeological Metal
        N4/2 Vacuum Freeze-drying Archaeological Artifacts
        N4/3 Conservation of Wet Faunal Remains: Bone, Antler, and
        Ivory

    Ethnographic Materials
        N6/7 Totem Poles Displayed Indoors
        N6/8 Totem Poles Displayed Outside

    Furniture and Wooden Objects
        N7/1 Care and Cleaning of Unfinished Wood
        N7/2 Care of Furniture Finishes

    Metals
        N9/9 Care of Objects Made of Zinc

    Paintings and Polychrome Sculptures
        N10/17 Know Your Paintings - Structure, Materials, and
        Aspects of Deterioration

    Stone and Plaster
        N12/12 Care of Objects Made of Plaster of Paris

    Modern Materials and Industrial Collections
        N15/5 Lubrication for Industrial Collections
        N15/6 Trade Literature for Industrial Collections
        N15/7 Rubber Components in Industrial Collections

These new titles are available individually, as a package, or as
part of a complete set of CCI Notes. You can order them through the
Bookstore of our web site at <URL:http://www.cci-icc.gc.ca> or by
contacting our Publications Sales Office at 613-998-3721 ext. 250.

                    Distributed: Friday, May 3, 2002