Subject: Silverfish

Silverfish

From: Margaret Monroe <margaret_h_monroe>
Date: Friday, April 19, 2002
My colleague has recently discovered that there are silverfish in
our main records storage area.  Exactly what damage can these
insects do to paper records and photographs?

We both need written documentation, in order to present
recommendations to our managers, so that we can get support to
encourage our managers to recommend that someone take action soon to
eradicate these insects--before they do any damage to our
irreplaceable records.

We know that these silverfish must be eradicated, but without
reliable, detailed documentation, there is a danger that nothing
will be done until significant damage has been done to our precious
records.

I thank you in advance for your kind attention to this matter, and
look forward to your responses.

Margaret Monroe
State of California
Department of Transportation
Structure Maintenance and Investigations - Toll Bridges
District Office, Room 10-400
PO Box 23660
Oakland CA 94623-0660
510-286-6188