Subject: Gilding

Gilding

From: Ivan Cvejic <icvejic>
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002
Mayu Takakuwa <mayu_takakuwa [at] yahoo__co__uk> writes

>I am a student in the final year of a Masters degree in the
>Conservation of Historic Objects at the University of Lincoln
>(formally De Montfort University) in U.K. I am intending to write my
>dissertation on the Use of Non-traditional Methods and Materials in
>Gilded Wood Conservation.  I would be very grateful if anyone had
>any useful information concerning this topic and use or has used
>non-traditional gilding methods and materials in their conservation
>work.  Any details of the frequency of use and why such methods and
>materials are chosen in the decision-making process would be
>extremely welcome.

I am a member of team "Atelier Jovan" in charge for conservation and
restoration of gilded objects made of wood. Please see
<URL:http://cvejicres.tripod.com>. Maybe, you can find my
experiences with non-traditional materials and techniques
interesting and useful to you. If you need more details please
contact me. Also god idea is to visit JAIC at:
<URL:http://aic.stanford.edu/jaic/> and search the resources they
offer. I had luck few times, to find very good information there.

Ivan Cvejic
Gramsujeva 2/140
11000 Belgrade
Yugoslavia