Subject: Human hair

Human hair

From: McIntyre Mary <mary.mcintyre>
Date: Friday, April 19, 2002
I'm looking for advice on the long-term storage of locks of human
hair. I've found information indicating that a rigid, airtight
container (such as a small photo frame, sealed with hot melt glue)
is best suited for this purpose.  Is this sort of storage still
considered acceptable?  What types of materials are best to use next
to the hair?

Mary McIntyre
Preservation Services Unit
National Library of Canada