Subject: Ergonomics

Ergonomics

From: Susi Barbarossa <barbaros>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2002
I am a member of Harvard College Library's Standing Committee on
Ergonomic Issues and Policy.  We are working on a revision of our
Ergonomic Policy. The original policy concentrated mainly on
computer use; but now we are hoping to include departments of the
library that either do not use computers or only use them
occasionally, such as the conservation lab and the stacks division,
imaging services including microfilming and photography, and the
end- processing department.

We would be interested in seeing ergonomic policies from other
libraries and conservation labs, institutional as well as private.
If you would be willing to share your policy please contact me off
the list.  I can summarize the results for the list if there is
interest.

Susi Barbarossa, Conservation Technician
Preservation and Imaging Services
Conservation Services
Widener Library, D-25
Cambridge MA 02138