Subject: Leather screen

Leather screen

From: Grimm Book Bindery <info>
Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2002
We have a customer that has an antique leather dressing screen.  It
is about 6 feet in height with 3 panels of leather on one side.
Beautifully tooled with gold designs.  The leather is attached with
small nails at the edges.  The back of the screen appears to be
cloth or canvas.  The leather is starting to crack in a few places.
She is located in the Chicago area and is trying to find someone
that can assist or if there is anything that can be applied to keep
it from deteriorating further.

This is not something we could handle but I told her I would see if
the list had anything to contribute. She has limited funds but loves
the item and wants to do something. Is there anything she can do to
save the item or are there people on the list in the Chicago area
that would be able to help?

Tracy Lamphere
Grimm Book Bindery
6880 Gisholt Drive