Subject: SPNHC

SPNHC

From: Robert Waller <rwaller>
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2002
For those of us here on the DistList with particular interest in
natural history collections, this notice is to remind you that the
Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC)
is inviting one and all to join in 2002. Some of you might be
interested in the benefits of membership:

Joining SPNHC this week will allow you to sign up for our annual
meeting at a discounted member rate and also be able to take
advantage of our early registration rate (ending March 1). This
year's theme is Hazardous Collections and Mitigation. The May 8-13
conference is being held in Montreal and is being organized by the
Redpath Museum/McGill University of Montreal and the Canadian Museum
of Nature in Ottawa. The last day, May 13, features the Workshop:
Chemical and Biological Emergency Preparedness and Response in
Natural History Museums. Our annual meetings also feature Vendor
Trade Shows attended by companies providing goods and services
pertinent to our activities and responsibilities. You'll be able to
see what's new and discuss these offerings with company
representatives.

Joining SPNHC and/or signing up for our annual meeting is easy. See
<URL:http://www.spnhc.org> and click on Membership to join, and
click on the yellow SPNHC 2002 icon for conference details.

SPNHC Membership Committee

    Ann Pinzl
    4020 Hobart Road
    Carson City, Nevada 89703 USA