Subject: Methyl violet 2B

Methyl violet 2B

From: Deborah Confer <deborah.confer>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2002
We have two stone tools with methyl violet 2B on the edges, put
there by a researcher years ago.  Another researcher would like to
remove it.  I have experience using mild solvents to remove
adhesives from stone tools. Can you tell me if there's a mild
solvent that will remove methyl violet 2B?

Deborah Confer
Anthropology Collections Manager
University of Colorado Museum
UCB 218
Boulder, CO  80309-0218
303-492-2198
Fax: 303-492-4195

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 27, 2002