Subject: Guy de Plaen

Guy de Plaen

From: Marianne Klaus <magma01>
Date: Friday, February 15, 2002
    author.

For my Final Dissertation on surface treatments on African wooden
sculptures from the Congo,I am trying to contact Guy de Plaen, a
Belgian Professor of Social Sciences, who wrote an article in the
Canadian Conservation Institute's 1986 Symposium on Ethnographic
Conservation that is very interesting for my dissertation. He was
born at Etterbeck in Belgium and studied in Leuven, then worked as a
researcher at the university Lovanium in Zaire and as a curator in
the museum of Lubumbashi. I would be happy to be able to find out
where I can contact him or if he wrote more articles than the one in
the Symposium 86.

Marianne Klaus
Student in ethnographic/archaeological conservation at La Chaux-de-Fonds,
Switzerland

                 Distributed: Friday, February 15, 2002