Subject: Icons

Icons

From: Alexandra Turton <topsyturton>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2002
I am an MA student of Paintings Conservation working on a post
Byzantine Greek icon for my research project. I would be interested
in speaking to anyone else who has treated icons, particularly
non-functional ones (ie those that are not used for devotional
purposes), and would be grateful for any insights into the ethics
and practical conservation problems encountered.  Are there any
prominent publications on these issues?

Also, can anyone refer me to owners/collectors/anyone else who could
be useful to me.  Absolute discretion would, of course, be upheld.

                Distributed: Thursday, February 14, 2002