Subject: Esparto

Esparto

From: Michael Maggen <michaelm>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2002
Our Ethnographic department is preparing an exhibition on the life
of Libyan Jews, as part of their life activities they were dealing
with commerce of Esparto fiber export to paper industry. This was
true during the beginning of the previous century (20th century). We
would appreciate any information in this matter and would like to
have more resources about this type of paper, the uses and, if there
is any possible way, to have some samples of paper made of esparto.
Our findings in this research revealed that most of the esparto raw
material  exported from Libya to England

Michael Maggen,
Head of Paper Conservation.
The Israel Museum Jerusalem,
PO Box 71117
91710 Jerusalem Israel
+972 2 67 08808
Fax: +972 2 563 1833

                Distributed: Thursday, February 14, 2002