Subject: Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum cleaners

From: Mary McGinn <mtmcginn>
Date: Monday, February 11, 2002
Chris White <chrisw [at] mysticseaport__org> writes

>I am interested in purchasing a good canister vacuum for cleaning
>the floors in our collection storage area.  Rather than buying one
>of the very expensive brands that are sometimes advertised in some of
>the archival supply catalogs, I am interested in looking into one of
>the more common household brands (Kenmore, Sharp, Hoover, etc.) that
>are available for much less money and seem to be much improved these
>days in terms of emissions and HEPA filtering. ...

Nilfisk has two less expensive versions of their
commercial/industrial vacuum cleaners.  The FAMILY vac (HEPA) is
around $500 and the GD90C (ULPA) is $650.

I have an older HEPA version of the GD90.  It's a great product.
The machines and supplies are available from online suppliers.  Here
are two:

    <URL:http://www.bestvacuum.com/nilfisk_family.html>
    <URL:http://www.allergysolution.com/products1/productF.htm>

Mary McGinn
Painting conservator
Wayne, PA

                Distributed: Thursday, February 14, 2002