Subject: Iron gall ink on parchment

Iron gall ink on parchment

From: Chiara Cavallero <cavallerochi>
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2002
I'm looking for information about treatment of iron gall ink on
parchment support. Has anyone treated manuscripts on parchment where
the ink perforated the parchment support? I'm interested in mending
techniques, but also, if in your opinion it's possible, in how to
slow this kind of process.

I found a lot about iron gall ink on paper, not as much about ink on
parchment.

    **** Moderator's comments: See, of course, the
    Iron Gall Ink Corrosion web site
    <URL:http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/ink/>