Subject: Anoxia

Anoxia

From: Mary-Lou Florian <mflorian>
Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2002
Marcela Rossello de las Casas <marcelarossello [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am interested in getting a fumigation chamber, I recall reading
>about an oxygen fumigation chamber called something like the Bubble.
>I would like to know if there is a manufacturer for this type of
>equipment or if one needs to build one for itself.  I will
>appreciate any information you can send me regarding inert gases
>fumigation chambers.

I highly recommend that you first research the possibility of using
a chest freezer or small freezer room.  The treatment time is so
much quicker, the result re insect mortality the same, there are no
health hazards and it does not require special working safety
precautions.

Mary-Lou Florian
Conservation Scientist
Royal British Columbia Museum