Subject: Lint

Lint

From: Amy McKune <amckune>
Date: Friday, February 1, 2002
We have a black plush jacket in our collection which has many pieces
of a foreign material embedded into the plush.  Suspecting we were
dealing with a previous infestation, we sent some samples to our
entomologist at Montana State University for identification.  He
responded that the samples were not pest-related, and in fact, are
simply lint.  These foreign pieces are white and they are embedded
into a black fabric.  In removing the samples with tweezers, it
became apparent that we could not use this method without removing
threads from the fabric.  Does anyone have any advice on how we
might best remove these pieces of lint?  Thanks.

Amy McKune, Registrar
Museum of the Rockies
Montana State University
600 West Kagy Blvd.