Subject: Fur

Fur

From: Katharina Mackert <mackert>
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2002
As a student of conservation of textiles and leather objects at the
University of Applied Sciences of Cologne in Germany, I have to
write a diploma work. The topic will be the conservation of fur
objects and the possibility of consolidating deteriorated fur. Since
one can find only a little published about the conservation of furs,
I would be glad to get in contact with people, who knew about the
problems with fur (e.g. hair loss) and perhaps could give me some
advice or tell me their own experiences, if they ever had treated
(cleaned or consolidated) fur-objects. I would be grateful for any
suggestion.

Katharina Mackert
Deutsches Ledermuseum
Restaurierungsabteilung