Subject: Documentation as a conservation strategy

Documentation as a conservation strategy

From: Silvia Galea <silviagalea>
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2002
I am currently researching into creating a documentation model, and
the setting up of a materials sample bank from artists who are
currently working in Malta, for my dissertation. I feel that this is
one of the first conservation strategies that one has to think upon
when dealing with conservation / restoration problems of
contemporary works of art. In this regard I would be grateful if
anyone can share his/her expert knowledge, or forward any
bibliographical references, reviews, or any other links to sites on
the on the web that may be of relevance to the subject. Should
anyone know of a similar initiative, please do let me know.

Mario Galea
3rd year Student B.Cons.(Hons.)
Malta Centre for Restoration

                 Distributed: Tuesday, February 5, 2002