Subject: Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum cleaners

From: Preservation Lab <preslab>
Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2002
Chris White <chrisw [at] mysticseaport__org> writes

>I am interested in purchasing a good canister vacuum for cleaning
>the floors in our collection storage area.

I would suggest purchasing a Miele vacuum cleaner.  I use an upright
(model # S172i) for cleaning in storage.  It is slightly expensive
(approximately $800) but well worth the cost.  The vacuum has
variable power control and is amazingly quiet even on the highest
setting.  It is lightweight even with on-board attachments, and the
vacuum's HEPA filter and dust bag are easy to change.

Rashonda Welch
Preservation Technician
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Preservation Laboratory