Subject: Leather music box

Leather music box

From: Claudia Caserta <c.caserta1>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2002
I am currently working on a project to conserve a music box. It is
made of leather and textile coating cardboards. On the top there are
pigments and the mechanism is still working. The outside leather is
peeling off and there is mould on the inside. Unfortunately it is my
first experience in music box conservation and I am wondering if
anyone can suggest any treatment I can do or any sources I can refer
to.

Claudia Caserta

                 Distributed: Friday, January 25, 2002