Subject: Aeronautical cloth charts

Aeronautical cloth charts

From: Barbara Feldman <bfeldma>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2002
I am preparing a collection of World War II aeronautical charts for
flat storage in our university archives.  The cloth on which the
charts are printed is believed to be silk, although it has more of a
nylon, parachute-like feel to it.  All of the charts in this
collection are extremely wrinkled and creased from being crumpled up
in a small box for many years. Any suggestions for alleviating the
severe creases would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara Feldman
Preservation Librarian
Milner Library--Illinois State University
Campus Box 8900
Normal, IL 61790-8900

                 Distributed: Friday, January 25, 2002