Subject: Recycling transport cases

Recycling transport cases

From: Sally Woodcock <sally.woodcock>
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2002
Every year the Guildhall Art Gallery in London has a small number of
high-specification transport cases that have been used for our
paintings when they go on loan for exhibition, which we end up
destroying as we have no storage facilities for them at the gallery.
We have contacted the major UK art handlers to see if they can be
re-used, but cannot find anyone interested in recycling them.  Does
anyone know of any organisation in the UK who can use these unwanted
cases?  They are usually in excellent condition, fully foam lined
etc. and it seems so wasteful to break them up.  We don't have that
many, but I imagine other organisations may have a similar problem
and I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Sally Woodcock
Paintings Conservator
Guildhall Art Gallery Conservation
Guildhall Yard