Subject: Shrink wrap equipment

Shrink wrap equipment

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <hkaplan>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2002
Is anyone aware of a vendor who will *rent* shrink-wrapping
equipment (L-sealer and heat tunnel) in the Atlanta area for use
with Du Pont Clysar EHC film?  Staff investigating this matter could
not locate a vendor in the southeast region willing to rent such
equipment. Since it is to be used solely for our move, purchase is
out of the question.

We did locate a vendor willing to rent equipment for use with
Cryovac D-955 film, a crosslinked polyolefin film, but I have not
been able to locate information on its stability.  Volumes could
remain in the shrink wrap for up to 6 months.  The "component
information" section of the MSDS indicates only that it contains no
hazardous components.  Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Hilary A. Kaplan
Conservator
Georgia Department of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue, SE
Atlanta, GA 30334
404-656-3554
Fax: 404-651-8471

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 23, 2002