Subject: Xerox Phaser 860

Xerox Phaser 860

From: Heather Gray <hgray>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2002
We were looking into purchasing a Xerox (Tektronix) Phaser 860
color printer for digital image printing. This printer uses wax
inks, and in many respects, it seems perfectly suited to archival
use. We were wondering if there are any problems with wax inks
(especially with fading in the color printouts) for archival use.
This is a fairly new type of computer printer.

    **** Moderator's comments: For those, like me, unfamiliar with
    this technology, see
    <URL:http://www.officeprinting.xerox.com/solidink/>

Heather Gray
Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 23, 2002