Subject: Multilingual Conservation Dictionary

Multilingual Conservation Dictionary

From: Vasilike Argyropoulos <bessie>
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2002
A Conservation Dictionary has been completed and was financed by the
European Commission (Project No. CONNECT99/A2/83).  The Dictionary
contains around 3000 terms and definitions in English, Dutch,
French, Italian, German, Greek, and Hungarian.  This multilingual
dictionary of conservation/restoration terminology exists in printed
and digital format.

A copy of the Dictionary will be made available to Conservation
institutions, which are willing to examine the product and send
their comments on any aspect.  We are now at the stage where we are
collecting comments using email and will be incorporating the
changes into a widely available version.  If you would like to
examine the Dictionary, please send an email to Dr. Vasilike
Argyropoulos, T.E.I. Athens (email: bessie [at] teiath__gr).  The
Dictionary will be sent out by the end of January 2001 to
Conservation Institutions interested, and they must cover the cost
of postage and handling.

We are also interested in hearing from those who may wish to
collaborate in future editions of the Dictionary, and in other
languages.

Finally, the project was organized and developed by following
institutional partners:

    The coordinating body, Technological Educational Institution of
    Athens (T.E.I. Athens), Greece;
    The University of Manchester, United Kingdom;
    Fachhochschule fur Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin (FHTW),
    Germany;
    Instituut Collectie Nederland (ICN), The Netherlands;
    EVTEK Institute of Art and Design, Vantaa, Finland;
    P.K. Net Informatics Ltd., Greece;

Dr. George Panagiaris, Project Co-ordinator
Dr. Vasilike Argyropoulos, Project Manager
Dept. of Conservation of Antiquities and Works of Art
T.E.I. of Athens

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 23, 2002