Subject: Positions at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

Positions at West Lake Conservators Ltd.

From: Michele Phillips <michelephillips>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2002
Paintings Conservator
West Lake Conservators, Ltd.

West Lake Conservators
<URL:http://www.skaneateles.com/westlakeconservators> seeks a
paintings conservator to join our staff.  Due to an indefinite leave
of absence from illness, the position is open immediately to a
candidate capable of working independently.   West Lake is a
respected private practice specializing in the conservation of
paintings and frames, paper, preservation framing, and archival
mounting of textiles. Our group practice has a full-time staff of  6
with the additional support of part-time interns and technicians.
Over the past twenty-six years, WLC has established an excellent
clientele of small to mid-sized museums, historic societies,
University collections, and private clients.  Located in the heart
of the scenic Finger Lakes in Skaneateles, NY, a relaxing lifestyle
can be found in the charming village with its friendly, small town
community.  Approximately 3800 square feet of lab (with plans to
relocate into a purpose built facility) is well-equipped and
supported by a computer network and office manager.   Flexible hours
and an informal atmosphere create an appealing work environment.

Applicants must be willing to work on a broad range of art and
artifacts, both independently and in a team approach.  Mural
treatments and surveys offer occasional opportunity to travel.
Independent research and contributions to our field are encouraged.
Assistance with education of the public and hosted professional
workshops is required.

Candidates must have a graduate level degree in conservation or
equivalent knowledge and abilities.  Computer skills are essential.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health
insurance, bonuses and a SEP IRA plan.  Please phone Susan Blakney,
Chief Conservator at 315-685-8534 to discuss the position. Your
letter of interest, resume and three professional references can
follow. Please send to

    Susan Blakney
    West Lake Conservators
    PO Box 45